Monday, June 1, 2009

Spring is finally here

We are so happy Spring is finally here. It's been here for about two weeks and we are loving, well almost loving, the warmer weather. We have been in the 70's with some cooler days inbetween. I personally love the cooler days, the warmer days cause me to swell up like a pumpkin. Speaking of pumpkins here are some of the plants we have been growing inside our house for the past two months. Our squash plants already have lots of blossoms and everything needs to get in the garden soon. We worked on the garden this weekend and almost have it ready. We have to finish building a fence around it to keep the moose out. We'll hopefully do that today and then get our desperate plants in the ground tonight for family home evening. I feel sorry for Jeff because I'm not much help these days. I try to help for a few minutes but then have to sit down. I would glady trade him the belly tho for the freedom to move and work again. Here's Jeff and the girls working in the garden. We, ok Jeff, had do dig up a bunch of sod and bushes to put the garden in. Then we, I did go get the soil and help shovel it, brought in a load of top soil and some manure from a friend. We have half of it fenced in but have to buy some more wire to finish it. Hopefully the moose will stay out and things will grow. We'll let you know how our first AK garden goes.

Jeff, Tana, and the girls on a bike ride. I ride along too, just in the truck. Jeff has to walk because Saige still needs a little help. She's not quite the go getter as Ali but she is getting better.



1 comment:

angela said...

I'm amazed you did this. I would've have just waited for next year...how exciting though!